Regional Business Development Manager
A Business Development Manager works to improve an organization’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
- Identify, qualify, pursue and capture sales opportunities with the objective of maximizing sales.
- Deliver the necessary presentation to new clients to improve the company’s market position and achieve financial growth.
- Collaborate closely with different departments to ensure the smooth delivery of services to the market and meeting the customer needs.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all current and future regulations and legislation pertaining to the pipeline industry and trends.
- Take full advantage of long standing customer relations to effect referrals, to network within key international O&G clients and to provide marketing intelligence with regard to trends, new developments and competitor activity.
- Present to and consult top management on business trends with a view of developing new services, products, etc.
- Propose and agree detailed Territories sales plans.
- Advise on commercial contract pricing.
- Assist technical sales engineers in obtaining necessary information from the Client and assisting in smooth contract transfer to Operations.
- Ensure timely updates of necessary reports are properly reflected in the Corporate EMS system: create enquiries timely; follow the sales flow chart while bidding for a job; transfer the project timely after the company confirms the order to the client; updating the forecast by the end of each month; update the status of project regularly. Arrange provisional transfer to Projects if deemed required by taking approval from MD.
- Ensure Business Development is done in accordance with company QA/QC procedures.
- Support territory in project closures, when necessary.
- Actively engage in New Product Initiatives
- Supporting colleagues within other territories if and when necessary, contributing to Group activity and occasionally covering for them during periods of absence.
- Educate customers on the benefits of Pipeline Integrity
- BS degree in Engineering or equivalent technical experience/exposure with sound commercial skills.
- Minimum of 8 years of sales experience with a progressive and successful career to-date, culminating in a Senior Sales or Business Development role.
- Experience within the Oil and Gas sector.
- Existing executive-level contacts at one or more target operators.
- Good presentation skills, excellent written and oral communication skills, Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel extensively.